Wednesday, September 12, 2012

RSP

I was so scared for my day today! I subbed an RSP class at a middle school. I thought I was going to die when I got there. I was seriously dreading the students I had to work with, and I always feel a little weird as a sub when I work with aides. BUT the kids were amazing and the day went quite well. I had a few autistic kids that came in and needed help, but it was no problem. I enjoyed being able to talk to students about how they liked sixth grade and I enjoyed working with the kids in such a small group setting.

For part of my day I had to go into a math class and help out. I know that I am no genius at math, but I can understand sixth grade math. The substitute that was in there was even confusing me! She was older, probably retired, and kept telling the students that she had a special way of teaching math. Ughhh, it just confused them! There were at least 5 RSP kids in the class who were totally lost the entire class period. I was so frustrated but I didn't want to tell her that kids didn't understand how she was teaching it because I would have felt like I was stepping on her toes.

Overall, it was a very good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment