Tuesday, September 18, 2012

RSP

I was supposed to sub for RSP today and I guess I technically did, but I was sent to a second grade class to take over while the teacher tested her students. Weird right? I thought it was a strange day.

The class I covered for was so LOUDDDD! I wanted to poke my brain out at 9:00. I had a student who started crying because someone told her to pass the paper down. Then when she stopped crying she just sat there for the rest of the day and did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! I felt weird disciplining the student with her teacher sitting right around the corner. It was really quite a weird day. Earlier that day I told a student to sit down and stop talking and he started to bang his head against his chair. CRAZY LITTLE DUDE! After school I went and bought a whistle because a kid threw a rock at someone else today and I couldn't get his attention quick enough to let him know that he was in deeeeeeep poo poo. Hopefully a whistle will help in the future.

I know this sounds kind of crazy coming from me, but I really think I am starting to form a love for the younger grades. Yes, they make me want to pull my hair out at times, but I look forward to subbing for Letty and Kari's class and last week when I subbed for kindergarten I had a really fun time. Today I had to pick up the kindergarteners and walk them to the bus. When I walked into the classroom, I felt at home. I don't know what has changed from within, but something definitely has. I am not saying that I only want to teach younger grades (because believe me, I really enjoy my time with upper grades), but now I am more open to teaching any grade. I am hanging out with the first grade kids I am long terming for on Thursday morning. I am so darn excited! I have already gotten to know the third graders, so getting to know the first graders will be fun for me. WOOO!

On a side note, if you like my blog, please pass the website address on to your friends and family. I am trying to get as many followers as I can to read about my journey as a teacher. I know sometimes I don't always have funny stories, but every now and again you and your friends might laugh or have an ah-ha moment. Plus, I always enjoy hearing your feedback and suggestions to becoming a better teacher. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment