Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Sad Moments

I was in the middle of writing about an amazing day subbing when I received the saddest news a teacher (or anyone for that matter) can receive. My friend Priscylla posted something on Facebook informing me that one of my old students from Pomona passed away today. I called my former boss and he told me that he went to visit the family today. My student died of a diabetic coma. No one knew she was diabetic, but my boss told me when they took her to the hospital her sugar levels were at 1000. The doctors tried to revive her but couldn't. Tomorrow would be her birthday... and will be her twin sister's.

I wasn't close to this student but I remember talking to her several times during her 8th grade year when I worked at Fremont. Her and her sister were always sweet girls and she was very bright.

Tomorrow they are having a memorial service for her in the morning. I hope to be able to attend so I can be there to honor her and be there for my former students.

No one teaches you how to prepare for these types of situations.

Keep her and her family in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment