Thursday, February 7, 2013

Afternoon Madness

People in the office must think I am psycho. Within an hour, four of my students had to go to the health office today. DRAMA! One of my students has been sick for a few days and she kept saying she didn't feel well so I sent her to the nurse, another student either had an allergic reaction to something or has pink eye, my other student had a bathroom accident, and my other student had one of the worst bloody noses I have ever seen. My student got his bloody nose in the computer lab too, so there was no tissue to help stop the bleeding right away... I literally had him hold his head back the whole way to the nurse. Three of the four of my kids had to be sent home! My poor babies. =(

One of my students lied to me today. He was supposed to sit on the wall at recess for pushing a girl down in another class and goofing off in class. I reminded him to sit on the wall before recess and after recess I asked if he sat on the wall. He told me he did sit on the wall. Then at the end of the day two students told me that he didn't sit on the wall. Finally the student fessed up to lying to me. Little does he know, I already have a parent meeting scheduled for tomorrow after school. It should be interesting to discuss his behavior with his mom. I love this kid, but sometimes he is a little too much.

Another student of mine came back from being sick for the first time this week. Every time I walked by her she gave me a hug. So precious. I hope I have a daughter like that.

Today there was a district visit. I think everything went well. They weren't really in my room for more than two minutes, but the superintendent said hi to me and smiled. I felt a little awkward because I looked at him and said hi then walked away. I wasn't sure if I should have started up a conversation with him or if I should have been working with my kids, so I chose my kids. He seemed really nice though. They nodded their head when I let my students play "Rock Paper Scissors" to see who could go first during their partner activity. That's a plus, right? Aside from the superintendent, principal, and vice principal, I have no idea who the other people were. Good times.

After work today I met Letty for dinner. We went to the Lazy Dog Cafe. We had never been before but both of us ended up really liking it! Their happy hour for food and drinks was really reasonable too! I love being able to catch up with her over dinner. I feel like we never see each other anymore at school so it is always nice to go out with her and talk about our lives. I like that even though we are at different places in our life we still get along so well and have such a great friendship. It is so easy to talk to her. What a nice way to end my evening.

Quotes of the Day:


1.)
Student: Ms. Hobbs, you look beautiful with glasses but you never wear them! Can you PLEASE wear your glasses tomorrow?

2.)
(In the middle of our math lesson, this student raised his hand)
Student: Wow Ms. Hobbs, you look SO beautiful today.

Obviously today my kids built up my ego more than they should have =)



No comments:

Post a Comment