Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Updating

Hi friends. Sorry it has taken me so long to update! I have been a busy bee. Valentines Day was amazing with my little guys. I received so many gifts from them all- I felt so so so so loved! Love them all! On Valentines Day I was also able to sign the proposal for the job share for next year which is exciting. Hopefully everything works out. I heard today that I won't be able to sign the actual contract until June or July, so that is a total bummer.

At recess three of my girls like to follow me around and hide from me when I am on duty. It has been going on for the last week or so. This morning a few more kids started doing the same thing to me. It looks like we are playing Follow the Leader and Hide and go Seek at the same time. I just love my time with my kiddos.

Today I had to take a half day and go to the doctor. I have been fighting being sick for the past few weeks and finally I decided that it was time to go and see what is up. I am glad I ended up going because it turns out that I had a little fever, an ear infection, and a sinus infection. My doctor has me on antibiotics and ear drops. I haven't been to the doctors for being sick since high school! I usually have to go once a year for an allergic reaction to sunscreen (I know, such a random thing to be allergic to) but I never go when I am sick so it was a little weird. I probably shouldn't be going to work tomorrow but I don't feel too bad and I really do not want to get behind.

On top of being sick, I found out today that I will not be doing the long term job in third grade. I have been looking forward to this since the beginning of August when I found out about it. If the teacher had waited five more days I could have taken over her class. I am so upset every time I think about not being in there, I want to cry. Earlier this year I became really close to the students in that class and it makes me really sad that I won't be able to work with them for the rest of the year. I was really relying on the financial income as well which is already stressful enough. Even though I will still be subbing, it won't be for the same amount and subbing jobs can be hit or miss without a long term job. I wish I hadn't been so emotionally invested in this. I hate the feeling I have in my gut and throat right now.

Even though I am not getting the third grade job, I am still really grateful for the opportunity that I have had in first grade. I can't imagine having a better class to be able to work with everyday. I can't believe my time with them is almost over. In three weeks I will be saying goodbye to my goobers and giving them back to Danielle. I'm not ready to say goodbye.

Quote of the Week:

For the last week whenever one of my student's sees me he says this to me:

Student- "Ms. Hobbs, I just want you to know you're my favorite sub! Totally!"

Picture of the Week:

Over the weekend Matt and I went to my friend Kristine husband's 50th birthday party. Here are a few pictures:

No comments:

Post a Comment