Friday, February 8, 2013

Jobshare

My day started off a little rocky. BUT it ended up being good.

Things started to become much better when my student walked into class and handed me a fruit cup of peaches and a spoon for snack time. SWEETEST THING EVER, RIGHT?!?

After work I met with my principal. Seriously, she is the nicest person ever. I'm so lucky I have been able to work with her.

Tonight I checked my school email, and I noticed an email! Last week I had a meeting with a teacher who was interested in a job share for next year. I didn't think the meeting went well, but tonight I was offered a 20% job for next year! The teacher said that she met with her principal and they decided that I would be the best fit for their team next year! I wasn't sure if I should accept the job because it takes me out of the running for getting a full time position, but there are no guarantees that I will be offered a full time position. The job is in the district I love and is in 2nd grade, which I also love. I think it is a great opportunity for me. I am so excited (and a little nervous to move to a school I'm not familiar with) to be taking my career one step forward and finally call myself an "official" teacher!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you, to those of you who have always been so positive, helpful, and supportive! I really appreciate it and won't ever forget how much you believed in me. THANK YOU!

I can't believe I am going to finally be an official teacher!

No comments:

Post a Comment